Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tim Tebow

I understand that this blog is primarily read by Anne's friends, and that most, if not all, of these friends could not care less about football but I need to blog my tears away about the recent NFL draft. Let me start by saying that I like Tebow. I mean, who doesn't like scriptural messages on their favorite player's eye black. And I was in favor of using a second or third round pick on him. I said, you need a back up QB, you get a character guy, etc. But the Broncos' miniature coach outdid himself on this one.

Ok, so there's two reasons you would end up picking Tebow. The first reason is that you need some good character guys in the locker room. This would fall in line with the decision to trade Brandon Marshall, which I thought was a good move. That guy was a disaster waiting to happen. So you want some good guys in the locker room, I get it. But why did we get Tebow in the first round? And why would we trade up to get him? Was some other team waiting to pounce on him? I doubt it. Especially with Clausen and McCoy still on the board. Which brings me to my next point, the second reason you draft Tebow is that you think you need a future quarterback. So why wouldn't you take one of these other guys who didn't need training camp to learn how to throw the ball? Plus, we just traded for Brady Quinn. Tebow was so confident the Broncos were taking him that he bought hats for him and his buddies, so I'm guessing McDaniels knew he was going to take Tebow when he made that trade with the Browns. In the end, if this is the move that gets McD fired, then it has my blessing.

5 comments:

Em said...

Hahaha! Dan, you are hilarious. Please blog your tears away more often, okay?!

Tyler said...

Well said Dan. I have been pretty disappointed thus far with him as a coach and this just adds to the list.

Dixie said...

Daniel, I think McDaniels is a nice looking young man, just by the way. But lets face it, the real Bronco's died when Elway retired!

Ryan said...

At least Tebow's a mile closer to heaven now.

Mars said...

haha I love that you put this on your guys blog Dan!