Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The kid is good with markers... and baby stuff

We'll start this post by saying we've been having a lot more of "Those" kind of days. (the kind that you wish you had a nanny or grandma on hand to take over with your crazy kid!) I think this has to do with the fact that I have a huge belly and a toddler that thinks running everywhere is the only way to get there. He also likes to get into everything he should not, you will see in pictures below. Thank goodness this time it was a washable marker! The kid has previously climbed onto the desk and gotten my permanent scrap booking marker and added his own touches to our white curtains as well as to the top of the desk. You'd think those were all done in one session and that we would wise up but unfortunately, two separate times. In my defense the second time the marker was properly stored in my scrap book tubs and the kid figured out how to get into them! The incident below took place 3o minutes before daddy got home. (this is mom's "I'm done for the day" time as well) Whenever things get quiet here we know Beckett is doing something he shouldn't. Thus the green marker all over himself! (and thank heavens no where else!)





Lets just say these pictures were taken by dad when he got home and you can go a couple of hours with that stuff on you without it becoming permanent. Thank you Crayola!!!


On to happier moments of the week.... Some kind ladies in our ward threw a double shower for myself and another expectant mom due 2 weeks ahead of me. We have some super talented ladies in the ward who make delicious food and desserts so we were spoiled! I ate dinner before I came and only cut half a sandwich... lets just say I ate 4 times that amount just in sandwiches, I'm not even going to admit what I ate of everything else. I definitely have developed more of a sweet tooth in the last few weeks so back off!!! :)

You have to get the corny opening presents shot.

The two pregnant women back to back. You can see we carry totally differently!

Pregnancy update from my 34 week check up:
Baby is now measuring 3 weeks ahead and has switched from head down to a transverse position. My next appointment is in 2 weeks and if she hasn't switched back by then they will move her manually. (which doesn't sound pleasant... anyone else have this done?) My doctor blames the positioning on Beckett for having stretched out my uterus so much. The doctor predicts the baby will be larger than Beckett was if she continues the same pattern she's following now (Beckett was 9lb 30z). Now I know that that sounds big but my husband was 10lbs 15oz and my sister in law Erin has had 2 10lb + babies and one 9lb + so apparently the Grange's just have big baby jeans. Lucky us.

I am now on my 6th bottle of tums and have developed Geography tongue. (discoloring of your tongue with patches, some people have pain with it but I don't) My doc and I think it's from all the heartburn I'm having so she is putting me on a prescription for heartburn medicine. With Beckett I had crazy heartburn too but the doctors would never even consider anything besides tums, Maalox, or pepcid AC. With this doctor I just mentioned the tongue thing and that I thought it was maybe connected to the Heartburn and after hearing about the 6th bottle she told me she was writing a prescription to take care of it! Let's just say I love this doctor!:) I will let you all know how it works out.

Besides that nothing else to report. Getting closer and closer to the due date which was once exciting and now I'm a little apprehensive about actually having to take care of this baby and Beckett once she comes out. Luckily I'm sure I will get so uncomfortable in the next few weeks that I will be willing to do anything to get my body back!

Below is a pic at 33.5 weeks. It looks like my belly's dropped but the doc says that is from the position the baby is in. She also promised me I will start feeling more uncomfortable again as she turns the right way... always something to look forward to!

10 comments:

Jordan and Crystal said...

yes that sounds like it would hurt to move the baby manually....let me know how that goes!

Your pregnant eat all you want! :) you look beautiful!

you ready for a girl? to do girly things? be so fun!

Shady Bradys said...

You look great! So....two little ones is a CHALL-ENGE!!! My house has completely gone to pot. And I thought it already had. Thought wrong. Haha! Beckett looks good in green, by the way. I hope your baby turns by herself. If not, I hope manually turning is as quick and as painless as possible. Did I mention you are a very cute pregnant lady? Kinda unfair to the rest of us who just aren't. ;)

Em said...

hahaha BECKETT is soo adorable! I guess if he was mine running around, i'd probably be saying something different. haha. my whole life i have had a mild geographic tongue, and honestly never have heartburn. so if it doesn't go away, you should still be fine. i have heard it runs in genes or during pregnancy (because of all the crazy hormones).

Cami said...

My sister-in-law recently went in to have the external version (manually turning the baby) done but they weren't able to because the fluid was low, the placenta was in the way, and the cord was around the baby's neck! I have heard both that the version hurts like heck and that it is no big deal so hopefully you'll be in the latter category! I hope it all goes well. My SIL and I both had to have C-sections last month and I don't suggest that if you can avoid it! Turn, baby, turn!

browerfamily said...

You look BEAUTIFUL! Good luck on being uncomfortable :) Hope it goes fast for you

Kathy said...

Anne you look so beautiful. I am so excited you get to have a little girl. How fun. It looks like maybe one Beckett is enough for you right? He is cute and I loved the green marker on his legs. Very creative that one. Good luck with the delivery. Can't wait to see pictures.

Crystyne said...

You do look great! And yes once baby moves you will be more comfortable. Cooper had wedged himself into my back in my last trimester, causing horrible back pain and me to measure 4 weeks under. Then in the two weeks between appointments he moved. My back pain was gone! and at my next appointment I was measuring 1 week over. So the position of the baby could also be causing you to measure really big too.

Darin and Melinda said...

I love Beckett!!! Tell him he can come to my house and draw on himself, Kai, the walls, me, whatever...it's all his if he just comes! You look awesome...the picture at the bottom is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Erin said...

have you had that baby yet??? Hurry up already! :) We can't wait to see her. Looks like your shower was fun! I'm hungry just looking at all the delicious food. Happy last weeks of pregnancy!

Mars said...

What a cute little monster! Boys get into everything! But he's too cute so I'm sure it's hard to stay mad :) What a great baby shower. You look beautiful-can't wait to see baby girl!!