Friday, January 29, 2010

Aloha Oi.... How we love you Hawaii (part 1 of 3)

We love, love, love Hawaii! It was a great two weeks and we are sad to be back in the snow and cold. We survived two 14 hour travel days with a 23 month old and now feel like we can do anything! Hawaii was beautiful and everything you can imagine. The weather was around 82 degrees the whole time and could not have been more perfect. We ate, swam, ate, played and ate some more. Don't you love being spoiled by your mom?! We were lucky to be able to stay with my parents, Chuck and Judy, in their condo. They took care of us is the best way to summarize everything, let us stay in the master bedroom, took care of our little boy (it was like we didn't have to be parents!), and fed us. (did I mention we ate alot?!) Not to mention they were also great company! We stayed on the big Island in a town called Kona. While we were there we were able to go on a snorkel cruise where we saw 6 whales (one was only 30 ft from the boat) two different kinds of dolphins, and Captain Cook bay. Did I mention that this snorkel cruise was baby free? We also went to a Luau where dan was introduced to fire dancers. There is a reason they tell you not to try this at home, dan has singed the hair on his face and arms trying to "practice". (JK but I do think he contemplated changing careers) Here are some pictures to summarize it all. Hope you all enjoyed your January as much as we did!


Mom and Beckett playing in the sand at Hapuna beach.

Beckett loves the sand and digging.... he is just like his daddy!

swimming in the pool at the condo.

My mom found the coolest kids park I have ever been too and Beckett was in Heaven. It was nice to be able to do some fun things for the kid too since I don't think he will fully appreciate the fact that he has been to Hawaii.

Can you say huge? We ate a few shaved ice, about 8 McDonald's icecream cones for Anne, and a few other treats. Why do we get McDonald's from Hawaii you are asking... becaue I love it that's why so back off!

Beckett loved the huge walk in shower and liked it even more that he got to dry himself off and be wrapped in a towel just like his dad. Did I tell you that the kid has been peeing in the potty and even did a number 2. He likes to tell us he needs to "pee pee" and sit there. Doesn't always come out but I'm just happy he's excited about it. I plan on fully starting potty training at 2 (I hear boys are harder and you should start at 2.5 but I really want him to be potty trained by the time baby girl arrives!).

A little hike we went on that led to some huge waterfalls.


Hapuna beach at sunset, isn't it beautiful!

Here is "lizard man" Dan found this crazy looking lizard on a bush and picked it up. Don't even ask if I touched it, you know the answer! He also caught a lizard outside of our condo and the lizard dropped it's tail which began to twitch on the ground. I was freaked out about it but don't worry, dan picked up the twitching tail and gave it to our son! Gross!


Finally here is a pregnancy update:
These pictures are from Hawaii when I was 22 weeks. (dan likes to call it the "deuce-deuce")
This pregnancy has been great, I've been able to keep the heartburn down to a minimum (always have tums on had though) and am keeping with my goal of gaining under 25 lbs. (gained 50 with beckett so this will be interesting to see how it turns out)
My doctor thinks we will still be having a large baby. She said how much weight you gain is a very small factor, the biggest are my weight at birth (8.13lbs) and my husbands weight at birth (10.15lbs). Not looking good. She did say that girls are generally a quarter of a lbs smaller than their brothers but that the second baby is generally a quarter of a lbs more than the first. Guess we will have to wait till May to find out!
This pregnancy is going much faster than the first but I know I have a long ways to go... more updates to come!
try not to look at my face, this was 10 minutes after waking up. Thank goodness pictures can't hold smell, morning breath is not great!

13 comments:

Patsfield Family Photos said...

Yay, finally belly pictures, you look Amazing by the way, keep it up. I'm soo jealous that you got to go to Hawaii, looks like you had a lot of fun!

Shady Bradys said...

Wow! So much fun. And can I say that I'm a bit green with envy. Not because you got to go to paradise, but because your baby is potty training himself and you are such a cute preggo!!!!! Where's mine! Seriously though, you look great and you've got an adorable family.

Jordan and Crystal said...

anne you look beautiful! Yes..my goal is next pregnancy....not to gain as much weight for sure....Hawaii looked like a dream...Glad you had fun! I hope all is well!

Alicia said...

Hey Anne! I just found your blog and congrats on the baby girl! We're having a baby girl too at the end of April! Our blog is wadeandalicia.blogospot.com. Hope you are doing well and we're jealous you guys got to go to Hawaii! ;)

Onjali P. said...

Your trip looked like so much fun!
You look so great. With Owen, I had already gained 20 pounds by 22 weeks!...Evee has been asking about Beckett lately, I told her that he was going to have a baby sister and so she asks me about it at least 10 times a day.

Teri said...

Looks like a great time. Our husbands are talking on the phone right now. Brothers!

mickelle said...

you look great!!! and i'm totally jealous of your hawaii pics. looks like fun!

Angela said...

I wish I hadn't looked at your pictures of Hawaii; I am VERY jealous and now dreaming of our once upon a time honeymoon. What a great vacation. By the way you look super, incredibly HOT and on track for gaining only 25 lbs. Miss you!

Mars said...

How fun, I LOVE Hawaii!! Your little belly is so cute! Looks like you had a great time & Beckett was in heaven!

Darin and Melinda said...

Nice pics! You guys look great, and Beckett is so big...I can't believe how grown up he looks. Keep the preggo pics coming!!!

Bethany said...

jealousy!!!! so fun! and your belly is the cutest!

Kathy said...

We are so excited for you especially hearing you are getting a girl. I didn't even know you were pregnant till a couple of weeks ago. Your mom forgot to tell me. For some reason she has too much going on. Can you figure that out? anyway here is a late congrats. You look great and we wish you all the best. Looks like you are being spoiled by going to Hawaii. What a fun trip. take care.

tt moreno said...

Hawaii!! How lucky! and you look great anne.