Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mommy's side

She is finally here! My due date was may 28th so she came a week early. I had talked to my doctors about getting induced early but they made it sound like it would not happen. They put me on the induction schedule for Friday the 21st but said I was a low priority, if they could get me in they could call any time during that day or night so to try to have a normal day.... right. At 6:30 am I got a call from the hospital to come in between 7:30 and 8 am. I called Dan and told him to turn around since he had already left for work. As I was getting ready to go to the hospital my water broke at 7am, but just a slow trickle. I was worried this whole pregnancy that I would have my water break at home and that I would accidentally have a home birth since Beckett came so quickly and the second is supposed to come even faster. I will tell you all that this is NOT always true! To make a long story short I got hooked up at 10am with a low dose of Oxytocin but only had Braxton Hicks like contractions until 4 or 5 pm. I started to have period like cramps around 7pm and decided to get my epidural in hopes that it would speed things up. This epidural was so much better than my last... at first anyways! At 9 pm I started to feel the contractions on my left side again. by 9:30 we had the anesthesiologist come back in to adjust my medication but it didn't really take. Apparently when I go through the "transition" phase it comes too fast and the pain meds can't keep up. At 10:45 I was in a lot of pain so they checked me and I was at an 8. 10 minutes later I told them I could feel her pushing down. 5 minutes later I said "she's coming out" and sure enough she was. 7 minutes later she was here!

This was not my ideal labor since Beckett came so fast with no down time at first but I cannot complain. Just a boring day(until the end that is!)! We're both doing well now and are at home. I'm sure you will be bombarded with pictures later on. Here are some before and afters:

Right after my water broke, getting ready to leave for the hospital:

Front shot:
Mom and Dad:

"my world is about to change forever":

Grammy and Beckett coming to meet Ellie for the first time

"hold it" (hold her Beckett, not it)

Our happy family of 4!

Love at first sight

My world has definitely become more full and busy!

Dad and Ellie watching sports at the hospital.
stretching out, don't you love the hair clip/ headband?!

On the way home from the hospital, mom couldn't resist putting the head band on, even over her little hat!
Snuggling with Grammy


She is beautiful, and we love her!

19 comments:

Darin and Melinda said...

She is so sweet! I can't wait to cuddle her brains out! AND, that headband is so cute! Do you make grown up sizes??? Sign me up for 3.

Bethany said...

Sounds like a great delivery! :D Oooh I love these pictures! Especially the one of Beckett holding her close, that is the most precious thing ever. She is perfect!

Onjali P. said...

so so sweet! congrats again!

Lisa said...

Such a sweetie! Can't wait to see her in person!

Unknown said...

She looks so beautiful - what a keeper! The picture of Beckett before Elle's birth is priceless -- does he know life is changed forever? Kisses to both of them from Grandma Judy.

JM Inc. said...

Anne (and Dan!) she is BEAUTIFUL! love that head of hair (Max is so jealous). So glad she got here safe and sound...can't wait to see her in person!

Em said...

Yay! Anne, I am so happy for you guys!!! She is so cute!!! Congratulations!

Tammy said...

OK you had curled hair for the birth - so impressive. She looks adorable - tried calling when we got back in town last night - she looks perfect!

Luke and Tiff said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you. She is darling.

Jordan said...

I wish i looked that good going to the hospital! you look beautiful! I love the name! Glad things are going well! Congrats babe!

Kara B said...

Congrats Dan & Anne! She's cute! I'm impressed with the headband so soon after birth - good job!!! Wish I would have done that - my daughter hated having anything in her hair - what fun is that??!!!

Crystyne said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Kathy said...

So so beautiful. You are so blessed and I think you are the perfect little family. Get lots of good rest while Grammy is there to help out Anne. It was great to see Dan in Denver. We miss you guys.

Nola said...

Yeah! Congrats! I can totally see the family resemblance.

TiAnn said...

Oh Annie she's gorgeous! She looks just like you, of course! Congrats to you both, we love ya. :)

Tyler said...

Great Pictures! so glad everyone is healthy and doing well! Keep the blog posts coming!

Mars said...

She's adorable! Look at all that dark hair! Hope you guys are doing well! Congrats!

chelsea mckell said...

Great to get your side of the story! That's crazy your water broke and it still took quite awhile for Ellie to arrive. She's totally beautiful - congrats! And you look gorgeous - you have the classic shiny healthy hair that I always read about in pregnancy articles but have yet to actually experiences. Beckett looks like a happy big brother. Wish I was there to meet her and hug you!

Joseph & Khia Blackner said...

Congrats!!! Wow, she is beautiful! You have an adorable family. Thanks for finding me by the way! How are you doing? Is it easier when it's number two?