Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring has Sprung

It has been an up and down couple of weather weeks here but spring is definitely on it's way. Beckett and I have taken full advantage of the good days and have gone on many walks with his wagon. Unfortunately we did not put on the seat belts yet so if I stop for a moment Beckett thinks he gets to get out and walk with me, so that is something that will be remedied quickly.

Potty training update: Our little man seems to have the idea of things. Our first week or so was spent cleaning up poopy underwear (s0rry if this is too much), which is way worse than poopy diapers! Luckily we were able to figure somethings out and the little man has figured out to use the potty for #1 and #2. This is an old picture but you get the idea. He likes to have his alone time so putting him on the potty is often followed by a "move" and "gate". (I put up the child gate the first few times to get him to poo so now he thinks he needs it up to do his business)


Pregnancy updates:
No new pictures yet, I keep forgetting to get Dan to take pictures of my growing belly when he is around and Beckett is not quite skilled enough to get a good shot. In his defense I haven't quite let him try but I don't think we're ready for that.

Anyways... I haven't decided if I like the health care out here. We're supposed to have some of the best doctors in the nation and some of the best health care but all I've noticed is that they are way more in depth with everything than I am used to. This leads to what has been going on. After my first ultrasound my doctor mentioned that they may have seen something on the heart but they weren't sure since I had my first ultrasound early (18 weeks) and sometimes things aren't clear so they wanted me to go in for a second ultrasound. I knew there was a chance that this would happen (the ultrasound tech told me this) so I wasn't too worried. I had my second ultrasound at 24 weeks and when I met with my doctor for my 28 week appointment they told me I would need to see a specialist about the heart but they still weren't really telling me what it was about. I was able to keep my cool until I also failed my 1st gestational diabetes test. It's amazing how these pregnancy hormones can kick right in. I don't think things would have been as bad if the doctor had told me what the problems "might" have been or what would need to be done. When you hear problems with the heart you know it could be horrible, that is one of the major organs of the body! So after a week of imagining the worst I was finally able to see the Perinatologist and have an in-depth ultrasound. Apparently what they had seen was a bright spot on the heart but nothing was wrong with it. (whew!!) Seeing this spot has been associated to down syndrome but not a super strong connection. I wish my doctor had told me that because although having a child with down syndrome is not something I would wish on my children, it is something that we could do (and at least I would have known what to expect right?) So the perinatologist went through the rest of our ultrasound looking for other indicators, which they found none of. Even the bright spot that they had seen on the last two ultrasounds was gone! I had done the first trimester screen and had tested negative for Down Syndrome but apparently one in three babies that are born with DS can not be dectected through ultrasound, so now I am at the same risk as every other pregnant woman in my age group (1 in 5000). Although stressful it was relieving to see our sweet baby moving around and to hear that she is perfect!

While doing the ultrasound they also took new measurements and her growth is 2 weeks ahead, she is also measuring in the 80% for weight. (and still a SHE!) At my 30 week doctors appointment I thought they would consider changing the date since my stomach and baby are measuring 2 weeks ahead but unfortunately they just looked at Beckett's Birth weight and told me I was having another big baby. (This one measuring bigger than Beckett!) It's amazing how much less weight I have gained and it doesn't even matter with the size of our kid!They did talk about a medically necessary induction based on my progression of labor with Beckett and the fact that I did not know I was in labor before I got to the hospital. I'm counting on having this kid on the 21st of May or sooner but we will see!

Other good news, I passed my 3 hour gestational diabetes test at an 88. (not sure what that means, maybe one of you does?) It is such a relief to find out that you have stressed yourself out over nothing. Thank goodness for an excellent Visiting teacher that has had 9 kids and was also a labor and delivery nurse to help keep things in perspective!

In other news I finally got a hair cut after 11 months! I tried to take pictures of myself but as you can see they aren't great or necessarily that clear. She cut about 3 inches off the back and added in tons of layers. I had her razor out tons of hair too so it isn't has heavy as it was. Overall I am happy with it. You can't mess up long hair that badly so haircuts are not something I dread, it's just finding the time to make it happen!





I hope you guys are also having an awesome spring!

13 comments:

Malerie said...

I'm happy to hear all is well. Modern technology is great, but sometimes they know TOO much and see every little thing that doesn't end up being anything. When I was on bedrest with Madeline, they took so many ultrasounds and every time there was something little to worry me. But of course everything was fine. May! That's coming up! Good luck with the last little bit.

TiAnn said...

Glad to hear that all is well for both you & baby. Sorry that you've been stressed, that is tough stuff. Love ya.

Jordan and Crystal said...

I can't believe your baby girl is coming so soon! Tell those Doctors I AM GOING TO COME SMACK THEM IF THEY SCARE YOU AGAIN. I hope all is well! Your amazing!

Love ya

browerfamily said...

Glad all is well. You can take a picture of your own belly by taking a picture of your reflection in your bathroom mirror. That's what I always did. Good luck with labor and delivery!!!

Cami said...

That really stinks about the ultrasounds and misinformation and everything. I went through something similar. My baby's kidneys were enlarged all through my pregnancy and I had 7 ultrasounds to monitor everything. They also found some calcification on her heart but wouldn't tell me anything else about it. It was very stressful and they wouldn't answer my questions about things... but now that she's born, she's perfectly healthy! Phew! Good luck with everything and glad you don't have gestational diabetes!

Darin and Melinda said...

YAY "Big Boy" Beckett! That is so exciting. Glad everything is ok with you and the babe...I promise not to send you any more Hostess Cupcakes. :)

Rochelle said...

You look beautiful! And way to go Beckett!! Potty training has been the worst thing ever for me....for both of my kids! You need to teach me your skills Anne! Glad things are looking great for baby Grange too...I think it gets scarier with each kid...just because you KNOW so much more with each one. She'll be perfect! Hang in there!!

Tyler said...

Bathroom trainign is simply a side project for beckett. he wouldof had it months ago, if he didn't have his world dominaion goals he is working on! Anne you look great, glad to hear things are going well for your pregnancy.

Crystyne said...

I think a normal blood sugar level is 80. So the 88 is really good, since diabetics blood sugar (I think) is over 100 (or higher) without their medication.

Christina Rose //floresdelsol said...

i am glad that everything is ok! we need to see each other one of these YEARS!!! haha :)

Brandon and Kim said...

Wow May is coming up soon and your lil girl will be here. What a stressful experience. i am glad everything turned out for the best.

chelsea mckell said...

That's great he's pottytrained! I've heard boys are slower than girls - but obviously not Beckett!

chelsea mckell said...

That's great he's pottytrained! I've heard boys are slower than girls - but obviously not Beckett!