Saturday, February 27, 2010

Love Day


Not to much going on here but a few things of interest. (to us at least) Our friends from Provo came to visit us with their two little girls for Valentines Day. We thought the most romantic thing we could do would be to get some Pizza and to visit Yale's hometown, New Haven. We also went to this awesome Italian Bakery that I am crazy about. (notice pictures below) It's so fun having friends come and visit... thanks Kurt and Frances!!!!

(no pictures together but the above one of Beckett and I and the below of our family were taken in NYC which was surprisingly fun in the cold weather)
Beckett had his two year appointment and he is a happy, healthy little boy. He measured in at the 90% for height and just under the 25% for weight. Just as we suspected, a tall skinny kid. He is also chatting up a storm and repeats pretty much whatever we say (good or bad, we're working on it)! We also started potty training and it's going somewhat well, only a few poopie pairs of underwear so far. Today we were trying to make him feel bad about pooping in his underwear (maybe not make him feel bad but to show him that it's not a good thing) and dad said "you just pooped on Elmo's face!". Maybe this could go more effectively if we could keep a straight face over that stuff. Either way we are getting pretty "regular" on peeing in the potty and working on number#2's or BM's. (sorry no pics but I think you can all get the picture)


Pregnancy update from 26 weeks:
I feel like a whale that could not get any larger but then I look at pictures of my first pregnancy and I realize I have a long way to go!
My belly button never "popped" with Beckett but I think there is a good chance it could happen with this one. I also don't like the feeling of baby girl kicking under my belly button, something very unnatural about it.
Little girl is also all up in my ribs all the time so the battle for space has begun. Dan doesn't seem as worried this pregnancy about me hurting the baby when I push back but we will see as things develop.
I'm almost in my 7th month according to "what to expect when your expecting" and can't believe it has gone by so quickly. I guess that's the nice thing about having an active 2 year-old to keep my mind and body busy!

And finally, my view of things. (thanks for the idea Oni!)

3 comments:

Darin and Melinda said...

You look soooo good!!! I wish I was there to rub your little belly! Glad you are enjoying New York in the cold. Beckett is so cute, and since he repeats everything you say, can you practice 10-20 times a day saying: "I love you aunt Mindy", I know that deep down he already says it, he just needs a little help. :)

TiAnn said...

You look great Annie! Glad you guys are doing well, & running around NY looks fun! Beckett is super adorable as always. :)

Mars said...

You look so cute & tiny! Beckett is darling!