Friday, September 11, 2009

I have a confession

I am NOT a good blogger. I'm sure most of you are not surprised by this, as you already knew by the lack of regular postings. The real confession is I don't even like to blog. My lack of blog posts does not stem from a lack of time, but a lack of actually wanting to do it. I've been receiving a lot of criticism for our blog and how we have not updated since July so I figured it was about time. On a positive note some of the things I do like about blogging:
1. Comments (who doesn't get a little pride that their blog is getting comments, I especially like it when we get into the double digits.)
2. I like to look at others blogs. (A LOT, so keep blogging please)
3. I feel like we are still near by when I can see what others are doing and I especially like to find blogs of people that I haven't' seen for a while.

So while our blog is still the same set up as it was when we set it up over 2 years ago I am satisfied by being a slacker of a blogger. (translation - this isn't some confession that I'm going to be working on fixing)

Update on the fam: Beckett and I spent a week in Utah in July for 2 baby blessings. below is the group shot. We also spent a week in Denver right after! Both weeks were a blast and Beckett loved his cousins!

Loving them a lot:


Loving them too much:

Beckett is now in Nursery. We've been taking him in since July (16.5 months instead of 18) but he seems to like it a lot. We've also found out he is the most active kid in there and by active I mean the kid running around the whole time throwing stuff at other kids. He also likes to take whatever they have just to take, not to play with it. We working on it...

And finally, Like father like son:

(and yes he did "go")

12 comments:

Rochelle said...

Are you really potty training already???! Go Beckett!! And yes, we like it when you FINALLY blog...horray for updates :-)

Crystal and Jordan said...

love the potty pic....hope all is well....

Tyler said...

Yes! good update! and I do feel the same bout bloging. I want to see others updates but find it hard to make my own! I wil make a deal with you. Update 4x a month and as soon as you have no children in your house you are off the hook!

tt moreno said...

wow at least you get comments in the double digits that should be some good motivation for you!!!

and hey we never went to the beach. I actually sadly only went once this summer :(

Shady Bradys said...

Hahaha! Love the potty shot. I think I can relate to your feelings about blogging on some level. I blog when there are other things I should be doing but really don't like or want to do (usually it's some chore that REALLY needs doing). I'm glad you haven't given up on bloggin completely though. It's nice to be updated. And it's cool to hear about Conneticut. :)

Angela said...

Love the potty shot, it's priceless. I've been wondering if you were still alive. I emailed you SO long ago and never heard a peep. I hope to hear from you sometime next week. If I don't, I will hunt you down. Hope all is well. Miss you in UT:(

Brandon and Kim said...

He is getting so big. We just started potty training CiCi too. Good luck!! Cici will poo poo but stands right next to the potty to go pee, I think someone needs to remind her she is a girl and needs to sit ;)

Shawny said...

I am so happy for you that he loves nursery!! Brody loves it and you'd think that having his brother in there with him Tucker would love it too but NO!! He's such a cutie and so cute on the potty!

mickelle said...

haha, i feel the same about blogging. but hey, at least you're honest about it!! beckett looks adorable!! glad you guys are doing well. miss you!!!!!

Onjali P. said...

I felt a need to leave a comment so you could reach the double digits! I do love comments too. I swear your pictures are coming, my goal is to mail them tomorrow.

TiAnn said...

What fun pics, especially the one where he's chillin' on the potty with his book. He's really stinkin' cute, I can see so much of you in his expressions! We miss you guys and we think we'll need to come visit you guys some day... Hope you're doing well!

chelsea mckell said...

Oh Anne... seriously, your blog is one of my favs to read just cuz you're so dang HONEST. It's refreshing. I know whatcha mean about not liking to blog and rarely doing it... oh wait, I don't. I kinda blog everyday. So yeah - we're not on the same page. But I know what you mean about liking comments! Double digits are definitely a boost to the self-esteem. Maybe if I blogged less frequently I'd actually hit it more often. Anyways...yay for nursery- you're luck they let you bring him in! They're so nazi about the age limit here.
And finally: my favorite line was "translation: this isn't some confession I'm going to work on fixing." I just love you Anne.