Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Big Boy Birthday

First and foremost... Happy Birthday Dan! We celebrated Dan's 25th Birthday yesterday with a night out for Mom and Dad. We went to Market Street Grill (fabulous!) and nearly killed ourselves with all the food we ate! If you see me and think I'm pregnant, it was just the prime rib, nothing more. Beckett stayed home with Dan's cousins Jesse and Megan. (Thank you sooo much!!!) He loved them and didn't even notice we were gone! I'm really hoping this is how nursery will turn out.

It is beginning to look a little bit like springtime (not today of course but you get the idea) so Beckett and I visited Dad on campus for some quality time with the ducks. The kid loves animals as you can see below. If we would have let him down I can only imagine what either he would have done to those ducks or what they would have done to him. (those things can be vicious! We watched as a big white one attacked one of the smaller ones... would not want to be a duck is all I can say) We can't wait until the real spring comes.


One of B's Favorite presents from his birthday. He loves to sit there like a big boy. We love it!

This is Beckett's girlfriend Abbigail. He absolutely loves her and she seems to like him too. This is them snuggling on his chair and then in the baby bouncer for Abbigail's sister. (sorry if we broke it guys!)


My mom came to stay with us for a few days and Beckett loved all of the attention, so did his mom, and all of the lunches. Dan felt left out but what can you do? Someone needs to get some work done. Beckett is getting better and better at walking but has had a few scrapes and bruises along the way. You can see the goose egg on his forehead as proof of one of his "encounters" with the ottoman.

Still pretty happy though...
And finally, I'm trying to teach Beckett how to use the spoon by himself. Most of the time I put food on the spoon and then let him pick it up and feed himself. Lately if I try to feed him with me holding the spoon he freaks out and just tries to grab the spoon instead of eat. End result, today I gave up and gave him the bowl with oatmeal in it and the spoon and let him go at it. Pictures below.

For you pro moms with older kids that have mastered the eating utensils thing any tips?

4 comments:

Em said...

Anne! Beckett is such a cute boy! I can't believe that you are already going to move soon. We need to play! Let me know when you are free. Love you!

chelsea mckell said...

liar.... I know you would love to be a duck...

spoon ideas - I have none. If you figure it out, lemme know PLEASE. If I hand the spoon over, she just flings the food in the air.

I love his smile.

Mars said...

I can't believe how big he's getting! He's so cute!!

cameron said...

ah!!!! the lil' man is sooooooo big