Thursday, December 6, 2007

Diabetes!!!!

So last week I had a bit of a scare.... I went in for my Gestational Diabetes test and failed the blood sugar part and had to go in for the 3 hour blood draw at the hospital. Dan was soo good to me! He came home and took care of me and consoled my irrational sadness. The one thing he was not so good at was looking on the bright side. I told him that if I did have GD than there was a good chance that I would be induced 1 to 2 weeks early. His response... "But I want a big baby!" To him the idea of having an 8 lbs baby 2 weeks early is not big enough. He's aiming for 10+. Maybe he doesn't realize that he isn't the one giving birth!

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Awww...hun, I'm sorry about that. Bloodwork sucks! I've been told my whole life that I am A positive and now they are telling me I am A negative and need the whole shebang of tests. Just take it easy and good lucks! -Alicia

Rochelle said...

So what is the verdict? I am so sorry you had to do all those blood tests...those are the worst! My SIL was border line and had to go through all that too....

Erin said...

watch out anne, those Grange boys are trouble. Spencer had the same opinion and would brag to everyone about how big he and his brothers were as babies and takes even greater pleasure in announcing the weight of Ryan and Andrew. I have been not so pleased with their weights myself :)

Amy said...

That's scary, Anne! I'm glad you have a nice husband. But 10 lbs? It he CRAZY?!

Cassie said...

so is everything good then?? Oh by the way this is cassie your ol' red head buddy. my blog is mitchandcassie.blo....etc. My mom had GD with me and I turned out ok?! I was one week early but weighed 9.0lbs

Dan and Anne said...

I should probably put an ending to the story.... I went in for my test the next day and had perfectly normal blood sugar levels! I've put on 28 pounds already so the doctor was a little concerned with my weight gain but since I don't have GD I don't really need to worry... maybe just eat better! Thanks for all of the concern!

Erin said...

ANNE...we need more updates and pictures!!!