Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Can you guess what this is?


So the color probably gives it away. I guess my real question should have been why is this piece of banana chewed up and sitting on the desk chair next to me instead of in the kitchen on the table where I left it. Answer - Beckett can reach about a foot in on the top of the table from the edge so breakfast banana that I had been breaking apart and feeding to him was easily accessible to those dirty little hands. Unfortunately The kid has not figured out how to peel a banana (even though it was obviously started for him) and instead decided to bite through it to get the goods inside. Whatever works right?

We call him monkey for a reason now. The kid has been climbing for months and uses whatever he can to get himself where he wants to be (even if that involves stepping on another small child to get there). Lucky for mom and dad he is not at an expert level yet. The kid also enjoys climbing into weird spaces, like our end table.

Dad has been forced to share his toys with Beckett. It started out as a gig to get a cute picture but apparently Beckett thought it was for real and "took turns" with dad for a few minutes. When dad finally took the Ipod away happy times were over. We thought we would spare you from those pictures.




And finally a family picture taken 2 months ago in Provo before we left. We are so proud of Dan! Way to go Daddy!



A note to all you private bloggin' people. Sometimes you leave comments on here and I so desperately want to respond but when I try to go to your blog I am denied entrance! Please be so kind as to add me if you check my blog... it's only fair! annemgrange@gmail.com

14 comments:

TiAnn said...

What a funny little banana muncher, he's so stinkin' adorable! How are you guys liking it over there? Hope you're doing well, & Congrats on graduating Dan, that's a huge accomplishment!

Crystyne said...

Don't worry, Beckett will soon be an expert climber, soon, very soon.

browerfamily said...

Your little boy is adorable! Just wait til you have three!!!

Tyler said...

I love it! he must get those climbing skills from his favorite uncle! excellent update. I look forward to reading the next udate tomorrow!

Rochelle said...

What a cutie! In a year from now Ry and Beckett will be partners in crime! Addy is the climber in our family...feel the joy. Can't wait to see you guys!

Mars said...

I cannot believe how stinkin cute Beckett is! He's getting so big. He's all boy too apparently! I hope you guys are enjoying your new home! I change my blog to private from time to time (long story) but I'm going to add you to my list.

Onjali P. said...

what a determined little guy!

Kathy said...

I remember those days. it seems you spend all your time keeping them out of things they shouldn't be into. good Luck. Love your family picture. You all look so happy.

Dixie said...

Ewww, ick, gross, aaahh, oohhh, and oh, my he is cute!! Can't wait to see you in Denver!

Darin and Melinda said...

Why is Beckett so stinking cute...and lives to stinking far away from me. I REALLY miss that little guy. Will you please post a photo of him and his spaghetti spoon...I am going to buy him one for his trip to Utah!

Crystal and Jordan said...

cute pics!

Erin said...

gross beckett! :) Don't you go reminding my boys how fun it is to spit out food! We can't wait to see you soon!

Luke and Tiff said...

We miss you and cute Beckett! He is getting so big and extra smart.

chelsea mckell said...

Chewing on banana peels... yeah, that happens around here too. But I'm not too worried about it cuz of all the gross things she gets her hands on, banana peels are far from the worst.
I love Beckett's smile!