Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thank you Aunt Mindy and Uncle Tyler!!!



According to our last posting we were going to be waiting some time for a camera.... that's what we thought anyways but Aunt Mindy surprised us with her old camera and we were so excited! Thank you Aunt Mindy, WE LOVE YOU!!!

This last weekend we went to Idaho Falls to visit my brother Tyler and his brand new house. It was amazing! Beckett loved being able to see his Uncle and the room of that huge, beautiful house. It was a blast and it was great to see tyler and the Duckers. Beckett has a man crush (can you say that about a 10 1/2 month old?) on the Ducker's little boy Carson. It was so cute to seem him hugging him and just playing with both of their little boys.


Beckett's hair has been getting out of control... mainly the sides and the very back. The back sticks up all the time and it is so hard to get it to go down. The sides were also getting pretty thick if you can see from the above picture. Mom decided it was time for a cut so we chopped off the sides and back. Is it weird that I saved it in a zip lock and put it in his baby book? I just can't let it go yet! Below you can see the best pictures I could get of the new doo. Beckett did not want to work with me and the camera, maybe because it's been a while since we took any pictures. :)




Beckett update: Almost 11 months old. Still getting into everything. Loves to stand on his tippy toes and pull everything off the fridge. Speed crawler. Standing on his own for around a minute. Can get to a stand without using anything to pull himself up on. A little before 10 months he took 2 steps twice but nothing since.(actually, as I was proof reading this he stood up by himself and took a step!) Maybe we are bad parents but we are not trying to teach him to walk anytime soon. He can get everything he wants now so why make it worse? We love the little guy and he is still the joy of our lives!

10 comments:

Cami said...

I totally understand not encouraging your child to be more mobile. Sydney doesn't crawl yet (unless you count her backwards scoot that makes her frustrated), and I'm not helping her along because then she'll just get into things!

Merrick said...

I can't believe how old he is! He's adorable, and congrats on the camera!

chelsea mckell said...

mindy rocks!
I'm so happy to see updated pics... wow, he looks so much older! Almost a toddler! That's cute he stands on his tip-toes, Brianna hasn't done that. And Brianna hasn't had a hair cut (nor am I planning to ever cut her hair until she is tripping on it), but I guess that's the difference between boys and girls, eh. He looks like a little missionary with that new 'do! A very happy little missionary (great smile)
WHEN AM I EVER GOING TO SEE YOU?! I need my Anne fix!

Teri said...

I personally like the big teeth shot. He looks like he has grown even from a few weeks ago. And, Isabel is jealous about the whole hair thing. It just isn't fair, she's got nothing on the sides. You know, business in the front and party in the back. Awesome.

TiAnn said...

Yay for getting a new camera! I've been really needing to see new Beckett updates, he's such a super cute little boy! Hope you guys are doing well. Love ya.

Angeli Yates said...

I can't believe how big Beckett is!!! You have a little man now! He's adorable. Hope everything is well. We miss you guys so much!

Crystal and Jordan said...

yea.for a new camera!! Tyler's house looks awesome. I will have to go see it sometime....I wish I new that you were in town I would have come to say hi. Jordan was gone all weekend on a scout trip so I was flying solo. Beckett is looking super cute. I sure miss you friend....

cameron said...

he is soooooo big.. crazy...
oh.. you know crystal lives in idaho falls?

The Duckers said...

I can't believe you didn't get a picture of Mr. B all tied up to the chair for his mealtimes! ;o) That was the best invention I've ever seen! :o)

chelsea mckell said...

Hey, so I have this friend, Anne, who used to be a blogger. Any idea where she went??

:)